The Asbestos Industry Association (AIA) is made up of members from Queensland's asbestos abatement industry, including contractors, consultants and equipment suppliers.
About the AIA
The Asbestos Industry Association (AIA) is made up of members from Queensland 's asbestos abatement industry, including contractors, consultants and equipmen2t suppliers.
The AIA's objectives are to:
- promote an awareness of the dangers of asbestos and asbestos products
- actively encourage the safe removal or treatment of asbestos and asbestos products
- require from members a code of ethics
- provide a forum for members to discuss issues relevant to asbestos removal or treatment
- provide a single entity for presentation of issues, including submissions to government
- promote a responsible image for members among clients, industry and the general public
- provide assistance for members where difficulties may arise
New whole-of-government website
On 1 January 2012, Workplace Health & Safety Queensland launched the new whole-of-government asbestos website. The website provides asbestos related information for tradespeople, asbestos removalists, home owners and renovators. Visit www.qld.gov.au/asbestos.
A single point of contact phone number for the public on asbestos
A single point of contact phone number for the public on asbestos was launched on 1 January 2012. Telephone 13 QGOV (13 7468).
Management Committee for 2013
President - Michael Shepherd (Parsons Brinckerhoff)
Vice President - Travis Allen (Allens Industrial Products)
Treasurer: Garry Zealand (Garry Zealand & Associates)
Secretary: Jon Morris (Energex Limited)
Office Bearer: Brian Sketcher (Asbestos Audits Queensland)
Office Bearer: Steve Keys (Keys Consulting)